New Patients

New Patient Registration

The doctors welcome new patients who live within our practice area, this is currently any permanent address with an LS11 postcode.  If you are relocating to Leeds 10 please discuss this with the reception staff as we do have an extended boundary which covers some parts of Leeds 10.

If you do not have the relevant forms you may be asked to return to surgery with the correct information at a later date. Please use the links below to download the relevant forms we require to register you (and your family) at City View Medical Practice.

The first page of the PDF file is the standard GMS registration form required by all NHS GP practices. Please complete this form in full for everyone who wishes to be a patient at the practice. Pages 2 and 3 are additional forms that each person over the age of 6 must complete. The last page is for children under 6 years old.

Adult Registration Pack

Under 13 Registration Pack


We also need to see some identification for anyone wishing to register with City View. If you are an adult then please provide proof of your current address. (LS11 post code area only). This can be in the form of a utility bill or rent agreement.

We also require proof of your date of birth. This can be in the form of a passport, driving license or birth certificate.

For all adults who are not UK citizens we also require proof of your stay in the UK. You will need to show us your UK travel document or Home Office ID card. If you are a student or are working here you will need to show us either a student card or a pay-slip from work.

For Children (under 18 years old) We need to see your birth certificate. For Children (under 6 years old) we also need to see your birth certificate and “Red Book” which will have a list of all your immunisations.

Please contact reception for further information.

The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them.  You can download the guide below.

A Patient Guide to GP Services

Following registration all new patients are asked to attend a New Patient Medical with our Healthcare team.


Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Download the Temporary Resident Registration Form